Because of increasing energy costs, Americans today are sealing their homes and buildings with better windows, insulation, and moldings.
When homes and other buildings are sealed, contaminants can build up, such as mold. As air passes through the home, the mold - along with chemicals given off by paints, cleaners, glues, particle board furniture, pesticides, and of course, cigarette smoke - is picked up and circulated throughout the structure without ever being "cleaned."
According to the World Health Organization, 40% of all buildings are a serious hazard to our health because of their polluted air.
Symptoms caused by indoor air pollutants can include:
What's the solution?
Facts about Indoor Air Pollution:
- Eye and skin irritation
- Lung irritation
- Nose and throat discomfort
- Unpleasantness from offensive odors
- U.S. EPA studies indicate that indoor levels of air pollutants may be 2 to 5 times higher than outdoor levels.
- Indoor pollutant levels can reach 100 times that of outdoor levels when we effectively "seal" our houses even tighter from the elements during winter months.
- High levels of indoor air pollutants may be of particular concern because most people spend up to 90% of their time indoors.
The Air Oasis™ Air Purifier not only removes particles from the air, but will safely and effectively kill bacteria, mold, viruses and many other contaminants.